Greek Lassagna, Veggie Style
I’m hoping to pull an honorary Greek card for this recipe!
While I don’t have a drop of Greek in my blood, I am in love with Mediterraean flavors. Plus, I’m always looking for a way to incorporate spinach and other tasty veggies into my dishes.
Before you turn your nose up at this meatless wonder, you should know, it has won over a few very serious meat lovers!
Greek Lassagna Ingredients:
♦ 1/4 cup olive oil
♦ 1/4 cup lemon juice
♦ 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk)
♦ 1 tsp salt ♦ 1 tsp pepper
♦ 4 cloves minced garlic
♦ 3 tsp oregano
♦ 5 medium potatoes – peeled and boiled but firm
♦ 12 lassagna noodles
♦ 1 bag or 8 cups spinach chopped
♦ 1/2 large onion or 1 medium onion diced
♦ 1 can quartered artichoke hearts (add the juice to the sauce)
♦ 1 cup humus
♦ 1 lb mozzarella cheese
♦ 1 1/2 cups feta cheese
♦ 2-4 oz cheddar (optional for color)
Directions: Warning: This takes TIME!
1. Peel and boil the potatoes until the back of a knife pushes in easily, but not until they are moosh (about 5-8 minutes). When they are done scoop them out. Turn the heat off and put your noodles in the hot water.
2. Make the sauce in a 4 cup measuring cup or other easy pour container. Mix together the first 7 ingredients: Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Almond Milk (Milk), Minced Garlic, Salt and Pepper, and Oregano. Stir well.
4. Grate the pound of Mozzarella.
5. Open the can of Artichokes and add the juice to your sauce.
6. Slice the Potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds.
Layers Time! Preheat the oven to 375°F.
8. Cover with a thin layer of Mozzarella.
9. Layer on about half of the Spinach/Onion/Feta mixture.
10. Now add the Potato Rounds. Coat them with some sauce.
11. Top with a light layering of Mozzarella.
13. Spread the cup of Humus over this layer.
14. Now add the rest of the Spinach mixture.
15. Evenly spread the Artichoke Hearts over the Spinach. Add any remaining Potato and Sliced Mushrooms or Red Pepper. Pour any remaining sauce over the entire dish.
17. Press the Lassagna into the pan.
Cover with Aluminum Foil,
trying not to actually touch the cheese.
18. Bake covered for 45 minutes.
19. Remove the foil and finish baking for another 10 minutes.
♦ Wait about 5 minutes for the Lassagna to cool and set up. ENJOY!!!
Tags: fresh dinner idea, full picture recipe, Greek Lassagna, healthy dinner, meatless recipe, new lassagna, potato lassagna, potato recipe, spinach lassagna, super food recipe, vegetarian dinner, veggie lassagna