Purple Plum Pie
“Little Jack Horner sat in his corner eating his Christmas pie. He put in his thumb and pulled out a plum and said, “My, what a good boy am I!” ~ Mother Goose
While I do not recommend putting your thumbs in your pie, this is a great way to use some of those plums dropping from the trees right now 🙂
• 1 cup pancake mix
• 1 cup flour
• 1/4 cup butter
~ 5-6 Tbsp milk with 1 tsp vanilla
•• Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Cut the 1/4 cup butter with the 1/2 cup flour and 1 cup pancake mix until it looks like oatmeal. Add 3 Tbsp of milk w vanilla and stir. If you can’t form a ball, add 2 more Tbsp, but don’t make it overly moist. Roll you dough out to fit your pie pan. And shape the crust. • Lightly bake your crust for no more than 5 minutes.
••• Peel 4-5 plums and puree them in a blender. You want a cup of plum mash. Add the 1 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp cornstarch, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 Tbsp honey and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Blend it all well together. Pour this mixture into you lightly baked crust.
• Cut 4 or 5 plums in half with the skin on. Then slice them every 1/4 inch. Carefully, place them in the puree in a pleasing pattern.
• Cover the pie with aluminum foil, remove a 4″ circle from the center of the foil. (This will cook the center evenly with the edge.)
• Bake at this tempurature for 15 minutes.
• Reduce the temperature to 350ºF and continue baking for 45 more minutes or until the edge is browned.
• Let the pie sit for atleast 2 hours before serving.
Tags: easy pie crust with plum pie, easy plum pie, fall dessert, Fall pie, plum pie, plum recipe, purple plum pie, summer pie, summer plum pie, what to do with plums