This recipe is for the kids and the kids at heart. Smores are oddly decadent in their sticky, sweet , slightly dangerous kind of way. These brownies are just as good, but can be safely made in the house.
• 1 box of brownies (eggs, oil, milk)
(I like the little Jiffy boxes, they make a nice little dessert.)
• Graham crackers
• Cooking Spray
• Preheat the oven to 350° F
• Mix your brownies according to the package directions.
• Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
• Place a single layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan.
• Place a well spaced layer or marshmallows on the graham crackers. (If you are using large marshmallows, cut them in half.)
• Completely cover the marshmallows with brownie batter.
• Cover the entire thing with hand crushed graham crackers.
• Place them in the oven with the timer
set for 5 minutes less than the package states.
• When the timer sounds, add a few extra marshmallows over the top and return the pan to the oven for the last 5 minutes of baking.
• Let these brownies cool for at least 10 minutes before eating.
If you have kids at home this summer, stock up on little Jiffy baking boxes. Your kids can experiment with baking treats just the right size to gobble up in one day. Plus, if you have a toaster oven, these little cakes and brownies can be made in a toaster oven to conserve energy!
Tags: beginning baking, brownies, fun brownies, fun kid baking idea, great kid's baking, jiffy cakes, jiffy recipe, no fire, small recipes for 1-4, small treats, smores, smores brownies, smores without the flames